Tuesday, November 22, 2016

I wonder what we are going to bake in the kitchen...

       A small group of children visited the kitchen atelier. We used the pans seen below. 
                When asked, "What are we using these ingredients and pan for?" 
                  Guesses included pie, brownies, cookies, and cinnamon rolls

    Sugar, flour, eggs, salt, baking soda, bananas, and baking soda were also on the table.
As people came into the kitchen, everyone asked what we were making. The children had not 
yet figured it out. 

                             We began to mix our ingredients



"I think it is done. It is starting to turn brown." -NZ

Before lunch, we had a class discussion about the experience in the kitchen. And what kind of 
pan we used- the loaf pan. And what was made- banana bread
            What shape is it? - teacher asked
 
               Rectangle- loaf pan, Circle- pie pan, Another rectangle- cookie sheet
                            "I have had circle bread like a ball." -MG
                            "I have had triangle bread. And squares." 

                  Stay tuned as we investigate these experiences with size. 





No comments:

Post a Comment