Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Experimenting with paint brushes

Good afternoon! We hope you had a wonderful, long weekend with your family and friends. The students were so excited to see one another  and it sounds like a lot of families had a great, busy weekend!

We began the morning with exploring shapes. Some friends traced shapes to make designs with art materials while others created shapes out of rubber bands on the geoboard. A few students built with small blocks and created designs with these materials.





After playing outside, the class divided into small groups. During a small group activity, some students experimented with a variety of paint brushes. The students shared their observations about the different paint brushes:

"This one is bigger and this one is smaller."

"This one makes big lines."

"The tops all feel pointy."

"You can do a line or you can do dots."

"You can make swirly lines like this."

"I can make dots with the purple brush. I push it up and down."

"The yellow brush is small. The blue brush is big."

"I made a rainbow and dots with the paint and brushes."
Most students drew a piece of nature, such a birch tree, rainbow, log, or treehouse with their different paint brushes.

"I'm mixing the colors together. The yellow is small."

"I'm painting a treehouse. This is the log and these are the leaves."

"This is my birch tree and here is the sky."


See you all tomorrow for more adventures!



No comments:

Post a Comment