Tuesday, December 12, 2023

A seed only grows what it is.

Once again, we are flexible. We could not meander yesterday, so we traveled today. Within one block of school we noticed spikey balls. 

Did you know if you shake this, there is a seed? Can you hear it?! - JA


I found a leaf, it won't grow a seed. - SS


I found a water gem on the ground. It's not a seed, but it is beautiful. -LT



Did you know a seed can grow something? - HW

What can it grow?

Apples, oranges, trees, plants. 

How do you know what it will grow?

It only grows what it is. 



I wonder what other seeds we can find?




Those are propeller seeds. - HW
Does that mean they grow a propeller tree?
Uhhhhh, no. There is no propeller tree. I don't know what it will grow. We can look at school to see.

What kind of seed is this?
I do not know, I wonder where we can look to figure that out?



Seeds can be tall in the tree or on the ground. But they need soil and water to grow so they won't grow on the tree. - EH





What will your seeds become? 
Do you know the names of the seeds you found?
What does your seed need to grow?
What does a birch seed look like?



A big THANK YOU to LB for sharing his family's Hanukah traditions with the class. 
Your new train Menorah is AMAZING!







No comments:

Post a Comment