Friday, March 9, 2018

"I live too far from her."- JB

A small group of children took a look at the map. JB said, "I'm too far from Ms. Juanita."
We talked about how we could measure the distance between houses on the map so we used one of our materials to create "paths" on the map.


The children recorded their findings on a child-created map to help us make sense of the distances between their houses. 


As they traveled around the WG Map, children's noticings included:
"We're passing Cora's house."-LB
"You might have to turn now."
"She's way up there."- PW
"We're almost there."- CS
"We're passing Parker." -LB



The teacher asked, "How many do you think to get from RJ to LB?"
"4"- PW
"I think 5."
"I think 4 too."- JB

"It took 5, I knew it."- LB

"This one took 23."- LB

Below, you can see the child map that was created as we investigated about distance and took a trip on the Webster Groves map. 
                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment