Monday, February 26, 2024

Move it outside Monday

 

Today in Birch Room we took our learning outside! 

We explored the question "What do you look like?" 

If you look in the mirror what do you notice about yourself? 


"I'm making a mouth and nose for my face." CW
You made a mouth and nose, what else do you notice? "I can add arms!" CW 
You looked in the mirror and noticed you could add arms, I wonder what materials we can use to make arms? 



"I'm pretending I'm sad!" MS


     


You explored in the sand by using seashells and different animals. 
How can we use these materials together?
"I'm using a seashell as a shovel." JW
You found the biggest seashell and used it to move the sand from one place to another!

 
What do you see? 


"This thing is a seed."
"Maybe the seeds are INSIDE this thing."
"It reminds me of the flower and seed I seen before."


You're using the magnifying glass to look at different things outside.
What did you find in the dirt? 
"I found bugs, rocks, and roots!" AP

  

What words of kindness can we collect?
What words feel kind?
What do you like to hear from someone?
What words make you smile?



"You can help someone." RR
"Help" is a word that is kind.
"You can say I love you." LB
"Thank you is kind!" JA


"If I give you a TV that would be kind." PS
Hmmm...I don't really watch TV so that doesn't feel kind to me.
"How about if I give you a book!?" PS
"Yes!  You listened to my words and noticed what I said.  'Listening' is kind!"



It was a warm and sunny day spent outside learning!
 I wonder what we'll explore outside next time... 



No comments:

Post a Comment