Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Rainy Day Explorations

 Good afternoon! In the morning our class explored painting with colored ice cubes on watercolor paper. Some of the class wondered how I made colored ice cubes to paint with so I asked "How did I make ice cubes colorful?" Some of our ideas were: 

"You probably put paint in them to make the different colors" -M.Y.

"You used cold and hot water to make the ice cubes. I don't know about the colors" -F

"I think you used food coloring to make them different colors" -A

"You must have used water paint! But now they are melting!" -T

After painting with our ice cubes we decided to use them for our ocean animal small world play. One child said "These ice cubes are melting all over my animals!" On the projector today we used small colorful shapes to make designs on the wall. We traced our designs and colored them in using markers and a big piece of paper on the wall. Ask your child about their favorite part of our rainy day.





"Ms. Brittany, can you turn on the floor is lava song? Then we can pretend to stay off the lava" -A







No comments:

Post a Comment