Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Ambience...

As we began our learning time today I was met with song!

 "We're having a birthday at the restaurant!" JI


How fun!  I can tell you have special memories of celebrating your birthday's in restaurants.  What else do you know about restaurants?

"You get food." AD

"I went to the Blue Owls and I got cheesecake." JI

It is evident that food is KEY!  But, when you think about restaurants, what else in important?  What does a restaurant need?

"Fancy decorations and a chandelier."  CF

"We have one right there." RM

I love that you are thinking about the ambience of our restaurant.  You're right, we do have a chandelier of sorts near this space.  Is that what you were thinking about?

As we talked more about the lighting at restaurants our friends became excited with the idea that I was willing to MOVE our light!!!  Of course I was!  If our restaurant needs a fancy chandelier over the table then let's make it happen!


With a lot of input from our customers it was agreed that the light should go right over the table, not not too high and not too low.  


Well, now that we have the lighting all set, what else is important for our restaurant to have?

"Food." RM     "Cooks"

The table was set and food began being ordered and delivered.

"My drinks are milk and lemonade." JI


I hear what your drinks are.  But what food is at this restaurant?
I can tell what these friends like to order for sure!

"Pancakes"     "Toast"     "Chicken"     "Waffles"

Wait, wait wait.  I'm so confused.  I can't remember all of the foods you said.  Can you help me?l

"You just remember."

Well when you go to a restaurant how do you know what foods THEY have?

"They have a menu!"

At first these friends thought about "pretending" our loose parts were the munus.  We quickly came to the conclusion that no one would know that's what they were, and they wouldn't know what the foods were either.  So what to do?

"Hey!  These are menus!"

"We can write it down!"



"You be the customer and I'll be the 'ordered'." JB



The orderer?  How does the "orderer" know what to tell the cooks?
"He writes it down like this."
I wonder if there are any materials around that can help you with being the "orderer."



Our little restaurant is coming along nicely!
I wonder what we will dream up tomorrow?


No comments:

Post a Comment