Thursday, January 5, 2023

Where did you go?

 Think about it Thursday...

A time to remember.  A time to reflect.  A time to share.  A time to...Think!

Where did you go over winter break?

At first glance this question may seem to carry the message of voyage...adventure...travel.

Some friends surely did such things to be sure.

What about those friends who remained close to home, what would they share?  Did they have adventures?

So many ways to interpret this questions, so many ways to...well...to think!

One of the may character qualities we want to impart of our Birch friends is the feeling of wonder in the moments we experience.  And so we modeled.

"I did not travel, but I did go to a park and I went on a hike!" Ms L

"I went to New York for my daughter's 18th birthday!" Ms C

"I went ice skating." Ms N

Where did you go over winter break?

"Disney World." JB

"A walk in Colorado." CW

"I don't know." AD

"Disney Land." EM

"I traveled to Nana's beach house." HW

"To the Zoo!" JA

"To Nana's house and had dog candy!" AS

"The Magic House." PS

"The Zoo  I love those seals playing!" GC

"The restaurant.  Pizza O for pepperoni pizza." JL

"The Zoo to the sea lion one." MT

"To the fancy restaurant.  There was carrot cake!" JI

"To my cousin's house." RM

"On a walk with my new scooter." MS

"Just stayed at home." LB

"To my Grandma and Grandpa's house and to JJ and Timmy's." CG

"Ice skating." CF

Wow, Birch friends.  You went so many wonderful places!  You enjoyed your homes (Ms L and Ms N did a lot of that!).  You went on trips.  You visited friends.  We think some of you may have voyaged in your imaginations!

We loved watching your faces as you thought about your time at home.  We could see the things that were important to you.  We could tell what you were excited by.  We could see you thinking!

Remembering things that bring us joy is a wonderful quality to have, and sharing those stories with others brings us all closer together.

And even though our time away was filled with sweetness, we are so glad to have everyone back with us!






No comments:

Post a Comment