Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Walking...Tuesday??

As soon as our friends arrived in the classroom the restaurant was open.  I saw beautifully created place settings, food all mixed together, customers "talking on the phone", and cooks writing down the orders.  All of this action made your teachers wonder...what is our restaurant missing?
Last week on walking Wednesday we noticed all of the important things that are in our neighborhood eating places.  We have a lot of those same things!
We have tables and chairs.
We have customers.
We have cooks.


What do the restaurants in our community have that our restaurant does NOT have?
What is missing?
Today we did what we do best...we were flexible!  We took our Walking Wednesday to Tuesday and off we set!

"That has lights!"


"There are tables inside AND outside!" CG
"I'm going to write that down." JA



I noticed a door inside this restaurant and wondered what it might be.
"That's for the cooks." 
You mean the part of the restaurant where people eat is separate from the part where the cooks are? 
Hmmm...I wonder how this can happen in our restaurant?


"There are salt and pepper shakers on EVERY table!"
"Look!  There's MORE salt and pepper shakers!" ESE




"Look there's a menu on the table!"
"Its a menu!"


"There are pictures inside." RM
You noticed that there is art work in many restaurants.  I wonder what that tells us about what type of restaurant it might be?



We heard many friends pointing and talking about our local restaurants and I wondered how they knew which one they were pointing to?
"I been there, and there is a SIGN!" ESE

That is DEFINITELY something that is different.  Our restaurant doesn't have a sign.




With all of this newfound discovery we wonder how our restaurant might change in the coming week.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment