Monday, January 23, 2023

Make it Monday

 Your teachers are always thinking and looking for ways to enhance your learning.  This weekend a friend and former architecture student was getting rid of his models and I knew JUST what I was going to do with them!

Well..actually, that isn't entirely true.  I wondered what YOU would do with them!

The sweeping lines, the smooth wood, the architectural elements all made for a sensory feast.  The tones of nature made for a calm visual effect and led our friends down a path that was so much more than I anticipated.



"It's a family circle." GC
You created a story about family and homes.  I could see elements of your family, and elements of fantasy and wonder.


As you continued to create another friend joined and things changed.

MT you began placing shapes very specifically and intentionally.  You told me this invitation reminded you of "sculptures"
As soon as you said that my mind was reminded of a place that I have gone before that is FILLED with sculptures.
You continued to create tiny, amazing works of art.




"It's the Statue of Liberty." MT
Oh wow!  That is a GIANT sculpture!  It has a special name because it is so big.  It's called a monument.
"It has 'statue' in it." MT


As friends came and went our amazing sculpture garden evolved.
AD you and CW worked together to create.
"That's me building a sculpture!" AD

   

Tomorrow our friends will have a chance to create even more with these amazing architectural inspirations.  We can't wait to see what they imagine!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment