Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Learning and the classroom environment

Children learn and gain knowledge through play and exploration. Curiosity lights a spark that we, as teachers, guide and connect to deeper, new ideas and invitations. These ideas and invitations extend and deepen that learning and curiosity. Responsive environments are tailored to meet each child's developmental levels, needs, cultures and interests. Responsive adults like teachers and parents are always an important part of any learning environment. However, we also consider our classroom as responsive to student learning and discovery. 

As we develop our studies, our learning focus, we consider our space and how we can enhance learning. We change our materials, reorganize spaces, change what's accessible on the shelves, and provide new in interesting learning spaces. 

Today we continued to dig deep into color and letters. Check out all the ways we are learning together. 

What happens when colors play together? Yesterday we explored green, white and black. Today we wondered if we could make the same colors with orange, white, and black.





I made a rainbow. I put all the colors together and made a rainbow mix up. - SyS

 This is like the camel I saw at the petting zoo. My color is camel. - JN


Look at all my colors, I am trying to make white like the clouds. - EH

Letters, letters everywhere. We are so curious about what letters mean. Where do we see letters, how do we make letters, and we are even noticing we each have letters special to our own name. These wonderings have inspired us to fill our room with letter explorations. 






I wonder where where we will go next?




No comments:

Post a Comment