Thursday, October 6, 2022

Caper Day!

 We love Caper day!  Today the Birch class invited our friends from Sycamore and Magnolia to explore this big question with us...

Where does your line go?



The Sycamore room invited us to explore these questions...

What shadow story can you tell? 

What kind of ramp or track can you create?

What is YOUR story of the three little pigs? 



The Magnolia friends invited us to explore the question...
                                                       What story can you tell?


Where does your line go?

"I want to make it to the Shrewsbury pool.  I want to make the road 'liquidy'" MT     Liquidy?  Hmmm, what does a liquidy road look like?  "One time I had a storm and there was a lot of water in my road." MT  Oh!  I remember that!  I know exactly what you are talking about!  I love the word you used!

"My map goes from my friend Tilde's house and my friend Sloan's house!" CG


"My line is going to the North Pole.  The North Pole is really far" LB  I wonder where your line will go if the North Pole is really far?
"It's up, up, up." RM
Is your line going to do that?




"This is my house.  It's close to MT's house." JL
"It is close to mine!" MT


Because we are flexible, we moved our painting indoors to allow a new perspective on our lines.
"I made my line go to YOU!" AS  Your line connected us together!  I love that through our capering you feel connected to our space and to me.  
"I'm making my line go to California!" K






How can you paint upside down?!?!
SO FUN!
There was no expectation, but your sneaky teachers know this is a GREAT way to use your strong muscles in your arms.






Our white playdough is spectacular when used with black materials.  What happens when black and white materials work together?







Today was also Think About it Thursday.

The wonderous world of technology isn't being flexible today!  Stay tuned for the video!



No comments:

Post a Comment