Today's Think About it Thursday question was a tricky one! Would we hear whistles? Would we hear hooting? Would we hear singing? Would we hear NOTHING? The answer is yes, yes, yes, and yes and even more!
We had LOTS of different methods!
Some friends immediately said "no" they can't whistle.
"I'm still learning."
"I can't"
"No"
But when pressed a bit further we discovered something. They CAN'T whistle, but they know how! It is SO tricky!
What does whistling look like?
"You make a sound with your mouth."
"You put your lips like this."
"I put my tongue on my teeth and I blow."
Ahhh...you know HOW to whistle, but you are still learning!
So, what does a whistle sound like?
"It sounds like music." EM
Only two friends said "Yes" and then showed us right away!
But guess what? They made their whistle the opposite way.
"I suck my air in and it makes a whistle." MT
"I blow out and it whistles." CF
There are different ways to whistle!
And then, one friend did something different still.
JA, you put your fingers up by your mouth. I saw what you were doing but I didn't hear it. Hmmm...can you make a whistle like that?
You sure can, and it's LOUD!!
Our morning was filled with fun, and it was only 9:00AM!
Thursdays are our caper days.
We invited the Sycamore and Magnolia friends to explore our big questions.
Can you build a map?
How can you paint what you see?
How Much? How Many?
How can you chill like Chomp?
Check out what some of our friends did in other spaces, and head to the other blogs to catch a glimpse of the work that happened there as well. The link may open to the blog from yesterday. That's okay, just scroll to today to see the capering fun!


No comments:
Post a Comment