Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Artists part 2

 Today we continued our work of self investigation through the eyes of the artist Akaimi Davis, professionally known as Akaimi the Artist.

Once again we focused one of her pieces of work.  

What do you notice?

What do you see?

How is this artwork like you?

What is different from you?

How does this inspire you?



RM you noticed her head...
And you drew yours.


You zoomed in on her long neck...
and drew your.


You continued to look at Akaimi's painting, and back at your reflection.
After adding all of the important features you noticed you focused in in the word "in her hair."
That word says "confident".  I wonder what that means.
"It means you are all new, like you can start again." RM
I love the way you thinking about that word.  That is a wonderful definition.  I wonder what word you might put to describe YOU?
"Happy?" RM
Hmmm, I agree you are happy.  I wonder if there is a word that is like happy but is a juicy word?
"pleasant." RM
What an amazing word!  That has so much more meaning that just happy!


JA you began by looking at your reflection.
What do you see when you look in the mirror?


"My head!" JA


You noticed this artist likes to add interesting details to her portraits.
"I see these circles here." JA
And you added them to your portrait too!


You, too saw that big, important word on this portrait.
As we talked about why the artist might have chosen that word I asked you
What word lives inside you?
"Mighty!" JA
And I couldn't agree more!


HW what do you notice when you look in the mirror?
What do you see in the work of this artist?


You noticed her big eyes first.
At first you made tiny dots.
Hmmm, I see your eyes.  They are tiny dots on your paper.
When you look at your eyes in the mirror where are the tiny dots?
"They are ovals." HW
And you changed your dots to ovals.
I see your big empty oval eyes on your paper.  When you look at your eyes in the mirror what do you notice about them?
And with that, the details emerged.



ears


hair
neck
and a word...




Such introspective work takes time.  We are in no hurry to rush the process.  The anticipation of this work has made our friends eager, and this eagerness has translated into amazing work.

We are excited to continue exploring ourselves through the work of Aikimi the Artist.

Enjoy these glimpses into other independent parts of our day.










No comments:

Post a Comment