What do you do with a problem that is too big to solve alone?
A game of catch, turned quickly into a hat stuck up too high.
I heard yelling, was someone hurt? Mad? Arguing? Having WAY too much fun? As I made my way down to the snail a herd of students ran my way.
HIS HAT IS STUCK! - AD
My hat is too high, I can't reach it! - JB
JB was throwing his hat for me and now we can't reach it, it's too hard. - HW
I approached the snail, ready to help brainstorm a way to solve this problem.
We need a ladder. - HW
Ya, and a tall person! - EM
I walked in.
Hey Ms. Nicki - YOU ARE THE TALLEST PERSON HERE! (EM, you made my week with that observation!) - EM
I am pretty tall. Thank you for noticing.
You are tall and we need to reach that hat. - JB
We tried and tried, JB giving me very detailed directions on how to reach the hat.
At last, SUCCESS!
Well, 5 minutes later that same herd came running my way yelling the very same things!
This time, I wandered down to the snail. When I arrived, I noticed a few friends excitedly working together. Stacking and moving, shifting and piling. Problem solving like it was their job.
Then slowly, JB climbed a top the stack, to be only inches from reaching his hat.
What could we do?
What could we do differently?
More joined, more ideas flowed.
I was on the edge of my seat - would we get that hat back?!
No comments:
Post a Comment