Today was filled with celebrations and fun. We added two new birthday crystals to our birthday branch, and we got to sing and blow out the candles on our class cake!
Happy 5th birthdays ESE and MT!
What do you know about these materials?
"They are shapes."
"You can make things with them."
I heard children naming shapes, noticing how they combined to create new ones, realize what "pictures" could be made with them, and more!
Our shaving cream made another appearance today, but this time with some added materials.
Check out what went on in Magnolia and Sycamore today as we capered!
In the Birch room we asked children....
What does "Thankful" mean?
"Be happy that your family is here." HW
"Be so so kind." JI
"It means you love your mom and dad." CF
We heard a lot of talk about families as children drew their pictures.
"I'm thankful for my sister." LB
"I'm thankful for turkey!" MT
As we sat with one another, I was smiling and swaying to the music. I began to draw something on the board and wondered if my friends might know what I was thankful for in this moment?
"It's music!" one friend realized.
You are right. I LOVE music! It is something I am always thankful for. Iet always makes me want to move and dance. And...so it seems, is the case for our Birch friends too!
May your break be filled with family, fun, and as much peace as glow-in-the-dark jammies!
No comments:
Post a Comment