It's time to make some new playdough!
"I got the oil!" ESE
"I have the sugar." HW Sugar? Hmmmm. What color is sugar?
"White." HW Look at what you are holding again? Do you told me sugar is white. Does that look like it could be sugar? "No, it's cinnamon." HW
" I have cinnamon, too." GC
By now we know the routine. Scoop, pour, pass, share around and around until all the ingredients are in!
"It looks like slime!" HW
keep stirring and cooking...
ta-da!
playdough!
If you read the blog from friday you know that some of our friends found a "pumpkin puzzle" in the forest!
You teachers loved your discovery so much that we brought several new pumpkins into the classroom so create our own pumpkin puzzles,
But...our pumpkins are whole...and full of seeds! What should we do?
Scoop them all out and have a day of messy play and fine motor work!
"When we work together we get bigger seeds."RM
What do you mean bigger seeds?
"When we put our seeds together we get more and bigger, we get more pumpkins." RM
"These seeds are disgusting." RM You know you can eat them? "When it's cooked in a pie, pumpkin pie."
Do you think pumpkin pies are made out of seeds?
"Yes, it can be."
When you eat a pie is it crunchy like a see or is it smooth?
"It's the seed."
"I think it's the orange part?"EM
why?
"Because it's the part I like. It's smooth like my pie." EM
"You should see the inside of my pumpkin. It's like a spiderweb!" RM
"It feels like goo, like oranges, like gooey orange juice."MT
Well, it feels like an orange, it looks like an orange and it is orange. Could it BE an orange?!
"No, because orange can only be this big!" RM
"I made a pumpkin ball!" MT
"No it's a white pumpkin!"DM
What is the inside of a white pumpkin like??
Wow! The inside is green!
"I don't know how to get them all out." ESE
"I know Watch this. I'm just trying so hard. I got so many as I can." JL
"You got 1,2 3, 4, 5!"
"Ewwwwwwww!" AS
How does it feel?
"Orange!" AS
"We're gonna work together." HW
No comments:
Post a Comment