Tuesday, November 15, 2022

The color of you


How can you paint the color of YOU?
"Ms Lisa, you forgot the paint!" was the first thing I heard.
What?  So I did!  Well, if you are going to paint the color of you what color do you need?  Here is my paint.
"I need pink." MT
You are thinking of your clothes.  The question doesn't say how can you paint the color of your clothes.  Our question says how can you paint the color of YOU.


"I need peach." MT
Okay, what do you need from our paint?


You began to mix and test.  A little of each color added until it was just right for you.


"I need blue." MT
You are blue????  "I need blue for my eyes." MT
You added your eyes, your smile, and even white for your teeth!


RM What do you need to make the color of YOU?


"I need red and yellow." RM
Do you need anything else?
"No." RM
You started to mix your red and yellow together and got a beautiful color.  But, is it the color of you?
"Almost." RM
What do you need to do to get closer?
"I need brown and white." RM
And so you followed the lead of your friend MT and continued to mix and add...a little of this and a little of that until you got it just right to your eyes.


"I need blue and yellow." HW
You are noticing the colors of you clothes, just like your other friend did.  Our question asks about the color of YOU. 
"I need brown, too." HW
So what will happen with those colors?
"I mix them together to make the color of me." HW
And so you mixed and mixed and got....
green!
"You have beautiful green.  Is that the color of you?"
You picked up the mirror and were twisting and turning trying to look in it.  After a bit of observing I realized you were trying to look at your face in the mirror AND capture the colors of the painting you created at the same time.






You filled up your entire paper and then moved you hand to find the color that matches exactly you.


JL what do you need to paint the color of you?
"Brown and white." JL

And then you began painting.
"It's the color 'U'."
Hmmm...as I continued watching you continued painting.


You painted U after U after U after U
"It's all the colors of 'U'" JL
You made your teacher smile with your literal interpretation.
So I pushed you a little bit and asked you which one matched your skin. 
We even dotted your paint on your arm to check it.
You added more "u's" and showed me which one was perfectly you!



We had several friends who JUST started to paint when we got called out for vision screenings.  Here is a sneak peek of what that looked like.

 


Tomorrow we will dig into our paint some more.  We can't wait to see what we discover!


No comments:

Post a Comment