Friday, October 1, 2021

Forest Day!

Today children were excited to play together in the forest. While some of the other classes are very focused on animal homes or collections, our class if focused on creating connections with others. While in the forest, they got a big group together to play a game. It started as bear hunt and morphed into something else - monster bugs! 

The group ran around the forest, making noises and collecting more and more bugs into the game. One child was the monster who they bugs were trying to get. 


A - Oh no! The monster got me! 


B is joining into the hunt for the monster. 


Here some of the bugs were taking a break. 

________________________________________________________________________________

After running around the forest for a while, some children slowed down to notice more of what is around them. 

C - We could make a bee home
Miss Brooke - Are you talking about a nest? 
C - Yes, let's make a nest

C, K, and I collected many sticks and started building a nest. 

B - I think I have a better spot to build this! 
C - Okay, let's go! 

C - I found a worm! 
K - He is so little! 
C - Quick, let's find his family and put him in our bug home




No comments:

Post a Comment