Happy Tuesday! Today we read the book Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert and challenged the kids to find nature to make their own leaf people. So we went for a walk to collect materials! In the book, Leaf Man is made out of leaves and he goes where to wind takes him. Birch Room had fun gathering leaves, nuts, and sticks for our activity.
O: Look at all these acorns!
C: I found a leaf!
C: Look at all the stuff I found!
S: Look! There's an X!
M: I found an X too!
F: My bag is so full! Do you think it will close?
When we got back to the room we began working on our own leaf people and there were some really cool creations!
M: I'm using acorns for his legs and hands and a leaf for his head!
F: I'm using all the acorns because I found them!
R: Here's my leaf man! He's happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment