Thursday, April 20, 2023

caper day

 


We have been working towards combining our focus on kindness with the amazing beauty of our Art Cube.  It is the point in the year where all of our studies have begun to merge into one amazing collaboration.  Our interests have carried over into other interests.  We are assimilating our learning and carrying it over into other aspects of our day.
Kindness
Art
Juicy Words
They have all begun to merge.
How can we DRAW kindness?  Can we turn our Art Cube into a Cube of beautiful kindness?

We have had many discussions about this art work.  It is natural for our friends to want to create beautiful rainbows, pictures of mommy and daddy, flowers, and animals.  Those things are BEAUTIFUL.  Those things are FUN.  Those things make us happy.  But...how do they show kindness?
Hmmmm...we are having to dig deep and help our brains shift into thinking in a new way.
And we are doing it!

"This is me and my Daddy sharing at home."JL
"This is me holding hands with a friend." JL


On our library adventure we checked out a book about kindness.
We read it together and began to notice SO many ways we can be kind to one another.
This beautiful piece of literature was a great inspiration today for our work.


"I am hugging MS because she fell and I'm making her feel better." AD
"I am making cookies for someone like in the book!" AD










"I made a tiny bee." AD


"I made a flower for the bee."


These three friends created an entire beautiful story together with playdough.
JB you made the most amazing bee.  As you continued to add parts and pieces to it I read the question on the table and it sparked an idea in your friend JL
"I'm making a flower for JB's bee." JL




"I made a beehive and another tiny bee." HW
I noticed that JB, your bee was SO big, and HWs be was small.  I wondered if maybe, JB your bee was the queen since it was SO big.
"I gave my bee a crown!" JB
So...it IS the queen!


It was caper day.  Check out what we did in our other spaces!














No comments:

Post a Comment