Monday, April 10, 2023

Outdoor invitations...

What a gorgeous day!  Your teachers put our heads together and created a morning of outdoor invitations for our Birch friends to explore.

The giant sandpit is always a favorite place to explore.  Some days it's a beach, some days it's an archeological dig, and today it was...
an airplane!
These friends set up an entire fuselage complete with snacks for the flight!
I imagine with the sunshine and sand between their toes they were headed someplace tropical!


Our beautiful willow tree is a place of imaginative stories.
Animals
Hot Lava
and today...a family!


These giant blocks were an incredible gift to Ambrose from our amazing PTO one year.  We are excited for the warm temperatures that allow us extended time outside to create with them.  Today we saw

A roller-coaster for trucks

 




A home for a family


And...some amazing problem solving!
ESE you created a TALL slide with these blocks.  You were SO excited and proud.  You climbed on top of two crates to slide down and when you did...
it fell!
After some hugs and deep breaths I asked you,
"What did you learn?"
"Slides are dangerous!" ESE
Hmmm, how can you change your slide to make it not so dangerous?
"I can take away one of those boxes." ESE
I like your idea.  Let's see what happens.



As you worked your friend HW came over to test out your new not-so-dangerous-slide.
I wondered out  loud to you about how your tall slide fell.  I noticed that the slide part slid off of the crate.  I wonder if there is something that might keep that from happening?





We have been working on our art cube for quite some time now.  Today we brought it outside and invited any who wanted to, to collaborate with us.
It was so fun to see the pride some of our friends felt at sharing our work.
EM, you were showing a Spruce friend how to cut our fabric into ribbons to hang onto the cube.







AP you were SO excited to add to our work outside!  You spent a long time working today.  I could tell you were proud of yourself.  I loved spending this time with you.











No comments:

Post a Comment