Friday, April 28, 2023

Forest Friday

 As soon as we entered the forest these friends began their search for the creatures that make the forest their home.



Without much success at this spot they voiced the thought that they needed a bigger log and a wetter spot.







The search continued throughout the forest with the size of the logs getting bigger and bigger!


"Ms L, I need your help.  I don't think you're strong enough." LB
Well now, I ALWAYS rise to a challenge!
And it was SO worth it...worms everywhere!!!


From down in the soil, to up in the trees the forest captivates us.










The trees can become a playground, a pirate ship, a fishing boat, a ninja hideaway, or...
parts of a movie!
We know that our Birch friends imitate so much that they see and hear.
"I'm taking a video of that bug." MT
AH!  You made your teacher smile so much as I watched you use a piece of nature to take "videos" of the important things around you!







"Can we make mud?" MS
Absolutely!  How are you going to do that?
"With our water bottles?????" GC
You bet!  What is your plan?
"We're making chocolate cake with these coco-nuts!" GC



As we were JUST about to head out of the forest I heard screams of excitement at our final discovery...an "ant egg"





It was a discovery-filled, amazing morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment