Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Walking Wednesday

 Walking Wednesday

Wonderful Walking Wednesday

Wonderful Weather Walking Wednesday

I Wonder What We Will Notice?


"It's a flower tree."

It IS a flower tree.  Look closely.  What do you notice?

"The flowers are pink!"

"The flowers are white."

"Hey!  The flowers are white AND pink!"


"I see my shadow!" PS
"My shadow does whatever I do.  It's like another me!" CF
"My shadow is on top of yours!!"


"I see a twisty tree!" GC
I knew exactly what tree you were noticing!  It's trunk does look twisty!
"Or wavy." RM
"Or wrinkly." MT
Ahhh..we have found some juicy words of Spring!
"Is smooth a juicy word?" GC
"I think so!" Ms L
"But that tree isn't smooth." GC
Nope, it sure isn't.  And you noticeed!


On one of last Walking Wednesdays we noticed the tree on the left.  We wondered if those tiny pink/red "things" were going to become flowers or leaves.
JI you asked about this tree as soon as our walk began and we knew we had to investigate.
We came upon the tree and....
WOW!  
The tree on the left had changed into the tree on the right!




It was such an unbelievable transformation that we required some proof that it was indeed the same tree!



Wow!  What a giant transformation!


We have noticed many things with our EYES, but as we passed this spot I noticed something with my NOSE!
"It smells like lavender!" EM
"It smells like perfume!" JI
"It smells like flowers." ESE


We have seen nature.
We have smelled nature.
And now we HEARD nature!
Though they are difficult to see, trust us when we say this tree was COVERED in hard working bees!





With all of the beauty around us it is only natural that our friends would want to pick something.  It is the purest gift to be presented with a tiny fist full off flowers.  And though they are indeed beautiful, they are growing, living pieces of nature.
So, before our walk we spent some time talking about "giving nature a chance".  What does that mean?
We can enjoy the beauty of Spring with our eyes.
We can enjoy the beauty of Spring with our noses.
We can even gently touch and feel the beauty of Spring with our hands.
AND, we can leave it where it is to grow and live.
Others will be able to enjoy it.
We can enjoy it.
We can "give it a chance"

And...when the beauty is so big we want to take it with us, we can
In a picture!


It was a wonderful walking Wednesday.
We encourage you to unplug and go out and notice nature around you.
And remember...
Give it a chance!





No comments:

Post a Comment