Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Acting Out Our World

Right now, our world is complicated and children feel it. Today, children were engaging in many different types of pretend play. When they do this they are processing different parts of their world and ideas they are wrestling with. 

A, E and C were playing "Daddies and Babies". There were two dads and a baby. Then one dad and two babies. Then three babies and no parents. Then back to one baby and two dads. A very fluid family! 



E - "I'm taking good care of our baby"
A - "Yeah I'm the baby" 
C - "Shh, he's sleeping" 
E - "Time to wake up little baby"

I came back to check on our new family and things had taken a turn for the worse! The baby got Covid! E and C were trying to take care of their baby the best they could. 


Miss Brooke - "How is your baby doing?"
A - "Well, I am really sick"
C - "Yeah he still has Covid. It won't go away"

C - "It is time to take him to the doctor. He is really sick." 
E - "Okay, I'll be the doctor" 
He walks away and returns a doctor. 

C - "Me and my baby are here to see the doctor" 
E - "He is not doing good. He is very sick."
A - "Oh no! He is an evil doctor!" 
C - "Miss Brooke, turns out the doctor is a bad guy" 
Miss Brooke - "Oh no! Not another evil doctor!" 






No comments:

Post a Comment