Today during our Forest Day, children were playing a game called Bear Hunt. They collaborated with many students from both classes. There was a safe area where they came together and strategized what their next move would be. It was quickly realized that some children were better at making traps than others. Those children were the designated trap makers and others were the hunters. Some took leadership rolls with both jobs and made the group run smoothly.
E - Bears are here
K - That is not good. Bears are dangerous. We better run. Fast feet!!!
E - Fast feet!
As I was listening in, I almost made a fatal mistake.
C - Miss Brooke! Watch out. You'll get eaten by snakes!
A - quick come this way!
C - It's too late, I'm putting fire on you.
Miss Brooke - AHHHH
K - That's not good.
M - I'll try to shoot fire
C - Be very careful, it could shoot fire on you
I was lucky enough to be able to listen in to the hunters.
B - We need to rest so we can keep hunting
S - We definitely need sleep
T - I'm going to sleep now, here is my bed
Today, many children were practicing so many executive skills with each other. After this year, they need practice with negotiating and interacting with their peers.
No comments:
Post a Comment