Tuesday, September 21, 2021

"Puddle Day"

With all of the rain we got, it was a perfect day to go for a walk and look for puddles. Everyone changed out of their tennis shoes and into their boots, put their raincoats on and found their walking buddy. Off we went! 


We asked the children, "What do you notice after all this rain?" 


T - "This bush is so wet! It is full of rain. How do the leaves get that much?"
B - "I don't know, but it is definitely full"
Miss Brooke - "Why do some bushes catch tons of water and some don't catch anything?" 
B - "Some of the leaves are bigger maybe?"
T - "I think these need more water so they caught more"


It wasn't long before we found our first puddle. 
E - "Look! A puddle!"
O - "I'm going to jump right on it!"

All children had the opportunity to jump in it and explore the water in a physical way.


B - "Miss Brooke, why is the tree light and dark?" 
Miss Brooke - "I'm not sure why. Does anyone know?"
M - "Maybe some of it is just dark"
O - "I think its the rain"
Miss Brooke - "That is an interesting idea... why aren't they all like that?"
B - "We should keep looking to see"


We were lucky to be under a tree when the wind started to blow. 

A - "Catch the drops on your tongue!"
C - "Just like snow"


S - "Another puddle!!! This one is huge!"
L - "You are getting me wet"


R and K were counting the fence posts as we went by. 

R - "The fence is soggy"
K - "Miss Brooke, I'm counting!"


C - "Puddle Day! Puddle Day! Puddle Day!"











No comments:

Post a Comment